Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Camping Activities and other Camping topics.
What should I do to prepare for hiking?
One of the most popular campground activities is hiking. There are some things you should know before you hike, especially if you haven't hiked in a while, or aren't in tip-top physical condition.
- Know your physical condition and don't push yourself over your physical limits. If you don't walk or hike regularly, it isn't realistic to plan a 6-hour hike the first day you arrive in camp.
- Take a short, easy hike if you haven't hiked in a while.
- For longer hikes, begin a walking and exercise program before your trip to build up your physical conditioning.
- Wear comfortable hiking boots or walking shoes and be sure to break them in before you go camping.
- Wear two pairs of socks, a lighter one inside and a heavier one outside, to help prevent blisters.
- Always carry a first-aid kit and water when you hike.
- Wear a hat to protect you from heat loss, sunburn, and insects.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.