Caring for Your Down Sleeping Bag
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sleeping Bags and other Camping topics.
How do I care for my down sleeping bag?
Your down sleeping bag does take special care, but it's not that difficult. Here are some tips to taking care of your sleeping bag:
- Make sure your bag is fully dry before you put it away. Never put it away wet or damp.
- Always shake the bag to fluff it out before you use it.
- Store your bag in the storage bag provided, not in the stuff sack. That can ruin the loft and fluffiness of your bag.
- Wash by hand with a mild detergent, and lay flat to dry.
- If you have to launder your sleeping bag, do it on the gentlest cycle in a front-loading washer, or send it to a professional down sleeping bag laundering service.
- Some sleeping bag manufacturers, such as those who make the slumberjack sleeping bag, don't use down in their bags, while others use exclusively down. Know what filling is in your bag to care for it correctly.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.