What to Look for in Family Camping Tents
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Camping Tents and other Camping topics.
What should I look for in family camping tents?
If you have a big family, storage is always a problem in family camping tents. Look for a tent large enough to hold the whole crew, but there are some other features you should look for in family camping tents, too.
- Check for plenty of ventilation panels and breathable fabric inside the tent so condensation isn't a problem.
- Look for tents with lots of storage features, such as mesh attics, hanging pockets, and other storage areas that help keep interior tent clutter at a minimum and give enough storage for the entire family.
- Try to find a tent with an attached awning, or bring a separate awning to add additional living space to the tent.
- For the extra-large family, search for a tent with two doors, so the whole family doesn't bunch up when going in or out of the tent.
- Finally, look for a coated floor that is water-resistant and won't leak.