Camping With Toddlers
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Camping Activities and other Camping topics.
What should I do to take my toddler camping?
Camping with toddlers poses some special challenges, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Here are a few parent-tested tips for trekking with the toddler.
- Explain the outdoors to your toddler so she isn't frightened during her first camping trip. If you're tent camping, set up the tent in the backyard first, and let her get used to it.
- Bring along your toddler's favorite books and/or music and use them to entertain him along the road and when you get to camp.
- Get a portable crib for sleeping and napping at the campsite. Some come with netting that will protect baby from insects.
- Let your toddler choose their own favorite toys to take with them.
- Get a baby backpack or hiking stroller for hiking.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.